VC Jubilee is the youth development section of Brighton Excelsior Cycling Club. It is recognised by British Cycling as one of the top youth development clubs in the country.
It was formed in the Summer 1998 and in its first year we had 50 members, making us the largest club of this type in the south of England. As well as being an official Go Ride club by British Cycling we were also the first cycling club in Britain to achieve the Club Mark accreditation that confirms our status as one of the best run youth cycling clubs around.
Our main sessions are run on Saturday mornings. We run weekly coaching sessions and then go for a coach led ride. We also run and take part in:
- MTB'in and Cross Country sessions and races
- Track cycling on outdoor tracks and velodrome
- Road cycling on closed circuits
- Cyclo cross training and races
The club also hosts a number of high profile events each year, these include:
- Brighton little Dog MTB Races
- South East Road Circuit Youth Championships
- Round 1 of the London/Sussex Cyclo Cross League
- Worthing Street Velodrome
We offer cycle coaching specifically for young people across many disciplines of cycling.
In 2015, Amy Smith, still only 17, became National Women's Madison Champion, Peter Mitchell, a 2007 World junior sprint champion and multiple UCI Para Cycling World Champion, began his riding with VC Jubilee.
Amy Smith: National Madison Champion